There are few things better than curling up by a hot wood-stove with a delicious meal after a thrilling day on the trails. With nearly three meters of snowfall annually, Miramichi is a snowmobilers’ paradise.
Besides our immaculately maintained local trails, Miramichi is gateway to the Northern Odyssey which boasts over 1000km of trails for your enjoyment. Warming huts maintained by our regional snowmobile clubs offer a unique opportunity to interact with our friendly locals; while many accommodations and restaurants are easily accessible by snowmobile adding convenience to your expedition.
Out of province guests who choose to stay with our partners featured below are eligible to receive a free, one day trail pass for each night’s accommodation.
Ready to Hit The Trails?
Hang Your Mitts:
Seeking the thrill of hitting the trails without the hassle of bringing your own machine? Wilson’s New Brunswick provides snowmobile rentals and guided tours . Enjoy two nights of luxury accommodations, a reliable two-up touring sled and a professional guide to keep you safe and secure while exploring the Christmas Mountains. Contact Wilson’s today to book a trip to Atlantic Canada’s Great Outdoors.
Located directly off trail #582 Pond’s Resort offers cozy, riverfront accommodations complete with a wood-stove. Spend your evening catching up with your fellow snow-goers over a delicious meal at Pond’s Pub (open on weekends). Book your two night stay and receive a $25 Pub Voucher or a three night stay for a $50 pub voucher.
You know what they say about couples that snowmobile together… Take your sweetheart on a getaway they won’t soon forget to The Ledges Inn. Located on the Southwest Miramichi River, their Couple’s Retreat package includes accommodations, a gourmet dinner and hearty breakfast for just $195. The Ledges also offers guided snowmobile tours and group specials.
A cozy fireplace, winter sports and access to hundreds of kilometres of groomed trails is all you need for the perfect winter getaway. Experience Debbie and Dale Norton’s world-class hospitality which has been five generations in the making. Contact MROC for pricing and availability.
Enjoy groomed trails right to the entrance of The Rodd which overlooks the magnificent Miramichi River. Their snowmobilers packages start at $130 and include accommodations, a welcome drink and a hearty breakfast.
Imagine enjoying a hot breakfast while overlooking the snowy Tabusintac River. Tabusintac Chalets are offering a snowmobiler / ATV special which includes a one night stay in a riverside chalet along trail 48, and all the fixings to prepare a hot breakfast! [$125 Sunday-Thursday or $150 Friday/Saturday]
Several of Miramichi’s hotels are easily accessible by snowmobile, offering you close proximity to the city’s many amenities.
- Days Inn Miramichi – includes continental breakfast
- Howard Johnson Miramichi – free breakfast, onsite restaurant, indoor pool
- Knight’s Inn Miramichi – includes continental breakfast
- Econo Lodge Miramichi – continental breakfast, onsite restaurant
A fun filled day on the trail can leave you craving a delicious hot meal. Miramichi has no shortage of snowmobile friendly restaurants with home-cooked meals and hometown hospitality.
Upper Miramichi to Halcomb
- Pond’s Pub – Priding themselves on “The Best Damn Burger”, the pub is open Friday through Sunday and often holds live entertainment. Easily accessible from trail #582. (featured above)
- Halcomb’s Moose Barn – Opening mid-January the Moose Barn at MROC Lodges promises hot, home-cooked meals and moose inspired spirits!
- KC & Son Fish & Chips – Lightly battered haddock, deliciously fried whole clams and The Hangover Poutine are all delicious specialties at this family owned restaurant in Derby. You’ll love warming up by the woodstove while you wait. Accessible by trail 591
- Capers’ Pub – From the Thanksgivin’er Poutine to the Whiskey Peppercorn steak, Capers’ prides themselves on taking pub food to the next level. (As an added bonus they have lots of gluten free options and a wide variety of craft beer] Accessible by side trail off of Trail #52. (featured above)
- 1809 Restaurant – Great views, great food and great company. Warm up by the fire as you await your deliciously prepared meal.
- Chatters Restaurant – Located in Miramichi, Chatters offers a wide variety of international cuisine: sushi, bibimbap, chicken souvlaki and more.
- Jane St. Grill – Sizzling ribs, rotisserie chicken and a wide variety of seafood selections; what more could you ask for?
- Chez Raymond – Serving home-cooked recipes which have been perfected over the past seven decades, Chez Raymond offers hot meals and warm smiles. You can even sample traditional Acadian specialties like Coquille St. Jacques or tarte à la viande. (featured above)
- Pub 981 – A relaxed, friendly and fun dining experience offering an eclectic mix of delicious pub specialties (we love the spinach dip!) Keep an eye on their Facebook page for live entertainment.
- Tazza Cafe – Warm up with a hot specialty coffee or grab a savoury wrap to bring with you on the trail!
It’s always fun to get together with your fellow snowmobilers for a bit of fun! Here are some of the events you can look forward to this season!
January 12 – Smelt Fry at KC & Sons Fish & Chip – A true Miramichi classic winter activity! These small, winter-run fish are fried in a crispy batter and enjoyed whole. This event kicks off at noon!
February 22-24 – Tourism Weekend – On this weekend the NBFSC offers a free weekend trail pass (valued at $80) for visitors from NS, PEI, QC, Ontario & New England. Register for yours here.