Freshly cut pine trees, twinkling holiday lights and cozy craft markets make the holiday season one of the best times to visit Miramichi. Whether Miramichi is home, you’re home for a visit or making us your home for the holidays, we’ve got suggestions to add a little extra magic to your holiday season.
Shop (Locally) Until You Drop
- Whether you’re looking for new shoes, a nice dinner or the perfect gift for the hard to buy for person, you’ll love Downtown Dollars. They can be used at dozens of retailers in the downtown business districts. On November 17th you can drop by City Hall to pick up yours at a discounted rate.
- If you’re looking for a truly unique holiday shopping experience, visit Candle In The Window in Upper Miramichi. This shop feels like you are walking into your friend’s fully decorated home, but unlike a friend’s place, you can buy the ornaments directly from the tree.
- Drop by Creative Grounds cafe for a delicious egg nog latte and see if any of the local art catches your eye.
Meet Me At The Market
If you love wandering through the markets and meeting the friendly vendors, you won’t be disappointed. Drop by one of our weekly farmer’s markets to stock up on sweets, handcrafted goods and more. The Newcastle Farmer’s Market is every Friday from 10AM-2PM and the Water St. Market (Chatham) is on Saturdays from 9AM-1PM.
Along with the holiday season comes a number of specialty markets;
- The “All I Want for Christmas” Market will be on November 17th at Rodd Miramichi.
- Miramichi Valley Highschool will be hosting their annual holiday markets on Sunday November 18th, December 2nd and 9th, from 12pm to 4pm.
- The Sunny Corner Christmas Markets will be at NSER on December 8th, 9th and 22nd.
- On Saturday, November 17th, The Miramichi Folksong festival presents their Annual Christmas Craft Sale and Tea Room at the Beaverbrook Kin Centre.
- For those seeking market experiences in Upper Miramichi, there will be a market at The Doaktown Elementary Gymnasium on November 24th and another at CNBA on December 1st.
Deck The Halls
We fa-la-la-LOVE Christmas lights, trees and decor (we bet you do too)!
- From November 15th-18th you can visit Hospice Miramichi for their annual tree auction and Christmas craft sale.
- On November 17th join the folks of Doaktown for Christmas in the Park.
- Interested in checking out how the locals celebrate the holidays? November 24th is Blackville’s Annual Christmas Home Tours.
- Perhaps you’re wondering what Christmas was like in the old homestead? Visit MacDonald Farm on December 1st and 2nd (12-4PM) and revel in their 18th century splendour.
- On December 8th admire the many trees and beautiful traditional decor with a visit The Beaverbrook House for their Christmas Open House.
- Lover of Christmas lights? Enjoy a walk through our downtowns and admire the decor and then on December 7th partake in The Historic Chatham Business District’s Parade of Lights
Fill Your Belly
Holiday season calories don’t count, right?
- On November 24th the Atlantic Salmon Museum will be offering a full course turkey dinner and live music.
- On December 1st The Central NB Woodmen’s Museum will be hosting their annual Breakfast with Santa.
Dinner AND a Show?
- If you’re looking for a delicious dinner that will give you that good feeling in more ways than one, support the Friends of Beaubears Island at The Rodd Miramichi for a Fundraising Lunch on December 9th (11am-2PM) with entertainment by the Heritage Players Band and the characters of Beaubears Island.
- If you’re more of a supper person, you won’t be disappointed with the annual Feast Dinner Theatre at Rodd Miramichi, November 28 – December 2.
- You can also enjoy an Old Fashioned Christmas Dinner Theatre in Doaktown on Saturday, December 1.
- The Whooper Spring Players will be coming together on December 8th in the Village of Blackville to present Huntin’ For Christmas Spirit.
- Take in a “souper-party Cajun” with the Winston Band at The Beausoleil Community Centre on December 8th.
- Looking for something a little more private? Get a group of 8-12 friends together and enjoy Murder on the Menu, a mystery dinner event at King George Bed and Breakfast.
Hark the Herald Angels Sing!
- Local school choirs will be performing at The Vogue Theatre on December 9th.
- On December 17th, celebrate Christmas With The Ennis Sisters, presented by The Miramichi Folksong Festival.