1. Learn about our history. Enjoy the documentary Still Fishing, at Myers Church in Hardwicke. Still Fishing will give a new and personal perspective on the worst fishing disaster in New Brunswick History.
($) a free will offering to Myer’s Church
2. Enjoy a scenic drive along the Miramichi River Route to take in the fall colours.
($) Just the price of gas
3. Take in a show at the Miramichi Folklore park. Whether you want to listen to the Friday Night Racket or Getdown at the Miramichi hoedown, the Folklore parks many events will keep your toes tapping all fall long.
4. Go for a stroll on one of Miramichi’s many scenic trails to admire the fall colours. Whether you’re looking for a leisurely walk around Middle Island or a challenging hike through French Fort Cove, Miramichi has got it all.
5. Catch the last days of summer at Escuminac Beach and Family Park. Enjoy relaxing on the beautiful white sand beaches.
6. Enjoy a drink with a view. The Rail House has the widest selection of Craft Beer on the River, while 1809 Restaurant boasts an impressive wine selection. If it’s a tropical drink you’re searching for, Jane St. Grill has it! The best part of all is that all of these fabulous locations offer an amazing view of the river.
7. Explore one of our museums. The Woodmen’s museum tells of the logging history in the Miramichi River Region while the Atlantic Salmon museum will teach you about the life cycle of the Atlantic Salmon. Beaubears Island Interpretive Centre commemorates our rich ship building history.
8. Grab your binoculars and head to Tabusintac for a day of watching the fall migratory birds.
9. Celebrate over 3000 years of Aboriginal Heritage on the Miramichi with Metepenagiag Heritage Park and walk in the foot steps of the earliest peoples of Miramichi.
10. Face your fears and get Instagram worthy selfies at the Priceville Footbridge.