Here at Discover Miramichi, we’ve come up with a list of things to do with mom this weekend so that you don’t wind up buying her a gift at the gas station (again)!
- Mom has cooked your breakfast & done your dishes for years. Treat her with a delicious brunch at 1809 Restaurant.
2. Enjoy the mother’s day buffet brunch at the Miramichi Golf & Country Club between 11:30-2:30 then perhaps a tee off at the driving range?
3. What mom doesn’t love wine? Pond’s Resort escape to the Miramichi package is just $159 + hst. Let mom kick her feet up on a private porch and enjoy a bottle of wine on us as the sun sets over the Miramichi River. Package for two people includes a night of rest and relaxation in a private, riverside cabin, an evening bottle of wine PLUS a hearty Angler’s Breakfast for two in our Fiddleheads Eatery.
4. Book the mother’s day special at Tabusintac Chalets (from May 12 – 14, enjoy your stay for $105/night) don’t forget to pick up fresh lobster on the way!
5. Looking for a gift mom will love? How about a night out and the chance to win a new coach purse all while supporting the Chatham Head Old Timer’s Association. Check out event info here.
6. The Symphony at Sunset showcase will be held at 7pm on May 13 at the Gilles Laplante Theatre at Carrefour Beausoleil showcasing artists such as Eric Hendriks, Wade Hallihan, the Heritage Players Band, Last Call, Charlie Hachey, and Joanne Lynch.
7. A gift doesn’t have to be expensive for mom to know you appreciate her (we happen to think a Sunday afternoon drive and ice cream from Maurie’s should hit the spot.)
8. You can help mom relax by spending a day at one of Miramichi’s spas, for extra relaxation follow it up with a class at Miramichi’s newest yoga studio, the Yoga Block!
Introducing Shannon Daley Our very own local yoga celebrity! Shannon has been instructing a wide variety of yoga classes in Miramichi for the past seven years. She is a YogaFit Canada certified instructor and is also a certified resistance trainer with Fitness New Brunswick. Shannon enjoys combining strength training with yoga poses to improve muscle toning and flexibility. Her active yoga classes may include a combination of yoga poses with pilates or dumbbells while still keeping the yoga intent throughout the class, just be ready to work up a sweat in! Shannon looks forward to working with The Yoga Block in creating new and exciting ways to incorporate YOGA into your fitness routine! ✔️🙌🏼 #yogamiramichi #theyogablockmiramichi
9. Looking to treat mom with a unique meal fit for a queen? Why not try the international cuisine at Chatter’s Pub & Eatery!
10. Take mom out for fresh baked goodies or you could pick some up and then deliver her breakfast in bed. Napan Baykery has got you covered for either option!